2007年9月28日星期五

Funnies (Humor)

1. We moved to Georgia from South Carolina two years ago. One day, my wife and I were talking about some friends in South Carolina and possibly visiting them some day. Overhearing the conversation, my 4-year-old daughter said in protest, “Daddy, I don’t want to go.” Surprised by her response, I asked, “Don’t you remember your little friends Arlene and Caroline? Would it be nice to visit them some time?” “Yes, Daddy. But I just don’t want to be small again”.


2. We were decorating the fireplace for Christmas one day. My five-year-old daughter asked me to remove a pot of cactus. Unsure about that, I asked her why. “Because I don’t want Santa to get poked when he comes down the chimney”, she said matter-of-factly.


3. I noticed a little extra nail on her little toe while I was helping my 6-year-old daughter clip her toe nails, and commented, “See this little thing here on your little toe? It means you are Chinese.” Perplexed by what I said, she asked, “Why? Do all Chinese people have something like that?” “Yes. It’s unique to the Chinese. One must be Chinese if he or she has it” I tried to explain. “Well, Maria must have it too.” She said. Knowing Maria, one of her friends in school, I probed, “Really? I always though she was Hispanic.” “Because she is learning Chinese from me.” She replied.

4. I woke up my 4-year-old daughter one morning. Still half-sleeping, she looked out the window and said, “It’s so early. The sun is not out yet.” I insisted, “It’s already 9 o’clock, time to get up. It’s just a cloudy day.” “Well, I guess the sun must be out of batteries today.” She said.

没有评论: