2008年9月12日星期五

Mad (poem)

Mad

Lulu (age 11)

“BE QUIET!!!!!!!!!!” my best friend cried,
I looked down, drained of all my pride.
“Stop talking to me, you big fat liar!
At least I’m not the wimpy little crier!”
I glowered at her and slammed the door.
I felt rotten to the core.
I felt so angry; I felt so hurt.
I wanted to run into the dirt.
That feeling was a needle in my heart,
I felt like I was torn apart.
I took a breath and regretted what I said,
Now, my friend wanted me dead!
The doorbell rang and I dashed downstairs.
I pushed past tables; I pushed past chairs,
There was my friend grinning ear to ear.
I beamed back. There was nothing to fear.
“I’m really sorry Mary Ann,
I promise I wont shout again.”
“I’m sorry too.” I replied,
I was so happy, I could’ve cried.
We shook hands by the door,
Because we weren’t angry anymore.

没有评论: